Welcome to Corner Canyon

Corner Canyon Trails Switchback Shindig

Join us for our second annual Switchback Shindig on October 8th.

Click here for tickets. Seating is limited to 200 people.

Dogs and the Watershed

Still not sure where dogs are allowed, click here     Watershed Map

Basically, the Bst and below are OK from Hidden Valley Park in Sandy to Potato Hill Trail.  From Coyote Hollow, Bst up to and including Potato Hill Trail, through tunnel and west on all trails are Ok.

Suspension Bridge

Wondering how to get to the Suspension Bridge, click on link below.

map to bear canyon bridge

Great Corner Canyon Loop ride –

Orsen Smith, Ghostfalls, Suspension Bridge Loop

Monday Night Hikes to start on May 2. Meeting place will no longer be at Trax. We decided to meet at the far north end of the equestrian park parking lot at 6pm.

Mountain Biking for Beginners- Great Article

Old News Articles on Corner Canyon

Deseret News 1994

Salt Lake Tribune 2012

REI supports Corner Canyon Trails Foundation

REI recently awarded a grant to help support our efforts to build new trails and make trail improvements in Corner Canyon.    Please let REI know how much you appreciate their support.

Important Trail Change Update

Rush is Downhill Mountain Bikes Only

Clarks Trail is Now One-Way Up for Bikes

Three principals of trail etiquette

Ksl article

Red Potato Trail

We have recently completed the new Red Potato Trail that heads down from Potato Hill to the Bst heading towards Red Rock. This now allows visitors to park at the Red Rock Trailhead, which is off of Mike Weir Drive, instead of the overcrowded Coyote Hollow Trailhead and climb this new trail up to Potato Hill. This is a great new trail and was funded by the Corner Canyon Trails Foundation.

Little Valley Loop

Little Valley is located on the other side of Traverse Ridge road from the Potato Hill Trailhead. To get there, you can park at Potato Hill and take the tunnel under Traverse Ridge and head a short distance to the Little Valley Trailhead. This new trail is great for families with kids who would like to go for a short hike. This trail is also great if you want to take your dog for a good hike through the woods. If you’re heading up to Peak View on your mountain bike, head through the tunnel and add this little loop onto your ride.

Sign up for our newsletter for all the new updates

2016 New Trails Update :

Mercer Hollow Trail – New trail starts across Suncrest Rd from Eagles Crest. Look for Fire Hydrant.

Eagles Crest Trail- Trail has been recut and improved.

Hoof and Boots- Switchback turns have been widened and improved.

Maple Hollow South- Trail has been recut, widened and cleared.

Cool, Clean, Water–  So you’re heading up from the Equestrian Center on the Lower Corner Canyon Trail and you turn up the fire road  and a couple hundred yards in it dawns on you; you forgot to fill your water bottle. Well look to your right and there it is, a new water fountain. This water fountain is located on the fire road a little below the road that heads up to Canyon Hollow. There’s also a faucet to fill a container for your dog on those hot days.

Check it out– new homemade video called Rushing Hours

New Article in the Tribune:  Dogs and the Watershed

Update:  We’ve put up some leashes at most of the trailheads that visitors can borrow who may may have forgotten their leash at home. Its critical that all visitors with dogs use a leash so hopefully this will help.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Welcome to Corner Canyon

1. greg hilbig says:

good job bill

2. Brian Blumer says:

Great site!
    One thing I would find helpful under “visitor info” is some specific information on how to get to Corner Canyon, parking options, etc. Personally, I know how to get to and park at the equestrian center near the new bike park (which is awesome, by the way), but I wonder how to drive to the dirt parking area where I’ve seen cars up at the top.
    Anyway, keep up the good work!

3. John Riddle says:

New website looks great! Looking forward to future news and updates about corner canyon.

4. Mandi says:

I thought it might be good to post to your website that the Draper 4H horse group practices at the Andy Ballard Equestrian Center every Tuesday night from 6:00pm- dark. There are about 40 kids ages 5-18 riding horses in the arena, parking lot, and on the trails and roads leading to and from the arena every week. It would be helpful to keep our kids safe if bikers and hikers could be a little more cautious on these days. I really appreciate your website and your calendar of events so that we can plan our practices safely around bike and running races! Nothing scares a horse more than 150 bikers flying past us on a narrow trail! I’d love to see our practices and trail riding events on your website too. Maybe even a tab about horseback riding since we all love using corner canyon as well. 🙂 Thanks and keep up the good work!

5. David Rohrer says:

Nice Job – May I suggest a LOST & FOUND tab or dropdown to the menu? I just recently lost a black LIFE-LINK tool pouch on the trail to an from Bonni Shoreline trail on Wed 8/14 am. I am sure it would be returned if found. Just a thought, we have all experience the lost gear nightmare.

Cheers D

6. Jane Rackl says:

Great Job on the website also the trails are amazing, Thanks to every one who worked so hard to make this happen.

7. Robert Orme says:

The trails in Corner Canyon are amazing. kudos to everyone involved in their construction and maintenance! I just can’t believe they are just moments from my home and work. If I lived anywhere else, I would happily drive for hours to ride those trails. We all just need to continue being respectful of all users so that we may all continue to enjoy them. It is especially important to be respectful of horses and their riders. Say “hay” and ask the rider whether they would prefer you walk or ride past them.
    I think many of us would be happy to donate toward trail construction and maintenance. Since a donation box would be quickly stolen, I would suggest that signs be posted at several key trail heads saying “If you enjoy these trails, please text RUSH to ##### to make a $10 donation for trail construction and maintenance”. I would likely do it almost every ride and I think I’m not alone. Those phone numbers could then be used to send out notifications of trail closures/cautions/ suggestions etc. I think the cost of those signs would very quickly be paid for in donations. Thoughts?

8. Ilene Helfrich says:

We went for a ride on the new horse trail from canyon hollow trail and loved it! Some parts were still muddy so we turned back and went around. Having the dedicated up and down for bike travel on the multi-use trails on the lower part has really increased the safety level for horses, they are much less likely to get scared from bikes when they go slower. Everyone we me was very polite and considerate of our horses and we definitely appreciated it! It was a beautiful day and great to see everyone out enjoying the weather and the wonderful area of corner canyon.

I love what you’ve been doing in the canyon with the trails and making it more enjoyable for all, and including horses in those plans is greatly appreciated!

9. Guy Hardcastle says:

The efforts surrounding the trail system is amazing, I am grateful for all who help. I am a lifetime local resident, have hiked and run the corner canyon area for my whole life. I have to say, however, it is so frustrating to almost daily get hit by mountain bikes. The idea of yielding to foot traffic seems foreign to 90% of riders. I don’t know of a single person who spends a few days a week in the trail system (on foot) that hasn’t been or almost been hit. We need to give more attention to creating a safe environment for everyone. I’m not in favor of limiting access for any group but it is getting worse and worse. Don’t know what that ultimate solution is but more signs with stronger language to protect those on foot would help.

10. Aaron Parr says:

Too bad I wont be enjoying the area anymore due to the new dog rules..

11. Daniel Dean says:

Does Draper City have any information about the construction closures at the trailhead at the end of Haddington Road? I would love to know how long that is anticipated to last and what the preferred alternative access point would be.